Pre-assessment of knowledge
As part of the learning process for this module, and to demonstrate mastery of the objectives, participants will evaluate their growth in a self-reflective narrative. This narrative is like a process journal in which thoughts, feelings, ideas, and reactions can be recorded and used for reflection at the conclusion of the module. One of the artifacts to be submitted for continuing education units (CEUs) or professional development credit is a self-reflection narrative containing two parts: Part 1 consists of reflection questions completed during the pre-assessment of knowledge and Part 2 consists of reflection questions completed in the Assessment section at the end of the module.
Directions for Part 1 of the Self-Reflection Narrative:
- Open a document into which you can type text. Choose the document type that best fits your needs and available resources (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Notepad, etc.). Click here if you need help creating a document. While you are working, it is advised that you periodically save your work (for example, if using Microsoft Word) unless you use a document type that automatically saves for you (for example, if using Google Docs). Click here if you need help saving a document.
- In your document, respond to the following questions:
- Why are you participating in this learning module?
- What do you already know about Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)?
- What do you want to learn about PLCs, or what knowledge do you hope to gain from this module?
- At this point, what do you believe is preventing you from participating in PLCs? Why is this a roadblock?
- What resources and/or support do you need to overcome this roadblock?
- Review your responses and fill in as much information as possible. Determine ways you can expand upon your thinking to show your current level of understanding related to overcoming barriers to PLC participation.
- Save your document (click here if you need help). You will use the responses to the five questions in the Assessment section of this module.